Using Self Storage to Manage Your Cleaning Checklists
Now that the weather’s turned warm, it’s a great time to get things cleaned and organized around the home.
If you’re ready to get that cleaning checklist checked off, Uncle John’s RV Storage near Bonney Lake, WA, has some tips to get you going.
The first and most important thing to do when going through your cleaning checklist is to downsize. Making three piles is easiest, one for items to keep, one for items to store, and one for items to trash or donate.
- Create three piles: One for keep, one for self-storage, and one to donate or trash.
- Items to keep: Things you use regularly and can’t live without.
- Items for self-storage: Things you want to keep but don’t need daily or weekly.
- Items to trash or donate: Things you don’t need or use or didn’t remember you had.
Organize What’s Left
Next, organize what you’ve got left. The beauty of getting rid of things before organizing is now you’ll have less to organize and less to clean. The biggest thing to remember is to organize things by how often you use them. Whether you’re putting things into rooms in your home or straightening up your bathroom, make sure you put the items you use most in the most accessible areas.
- Organize things only after you’ve downsized.
- Put your most used items in the most accessible places.
- Organize your space room by room.
Store Lesser-Used Items
Now that things are organized, take the items you aren’t using as often and place them into storage units. Anything you want to hang onto but don’t want cluttering up your home, RV, or office is a great thing to put into Uncle John’s Bonney Lake self-storage. Keep the same tips for organizing your self-storage unit.
- Take lesser-used items you still want to keep and place into storage units.
- Organize your storage the same way, with most used items in the most accessible places like the front of your storage unit.
Put the Finishing Touches On
Last, it’s time to make your place sparkle. Now that all your stuff is organized and out of the way, it’s time to do the final things to make your home clean and check off those items. This is when you’ll sweep, mop, and do all the other things to make your home feel amazing.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, and dust.
- Dispose of old food, expired items, unused medications, and other clutter.
- Scrub sinks, toilets, showers, and other commonly-used places in your home.
- Wipe down countertops and feel great about all you’ve accomplished!
Uncle John’s Has Storage Space
If you’re ready to use Bonney Lake self-storage to manage your home cleaning checklist, call Uncle John’s at 360-761-7178 or visit us online to see our storage units with deals and specials.